Kevin Modany is an industry leader and executive consultant best known for his work as the leader at BlueRock Partners. Providing intel and daily consulting services to businesses across multiple industries, Modany has made a name for himself as someone equipped to find results and answers to the questions and problems modern businesses face.
As industry leaders continue to face uphill battles in a contentious 21st Century business landscape, Chief Executive Officers are increasingly relying on the work of senior executive consultants to help solve their issues.
Kevin Modany outlined some of the key traits and responsibilities of executive consultants to set the stage for potential hiring decisions in the future.
The Role of an Executive Consultant
Kevin Modany has served as an executive consultant since 2016, providing insights and leveraging his skills to a variety of businesses in different industries. As an executive consultant, Kevin Modany is expected to operate as a professional expert in subject matters pertaining to problem-solving and decision-making. Consultants are typically experts in financial management, strategic planning, and other operational outcomes.
As businesses race to adapt to the growing digital landscape, consultants are being increasingly relied upon to help facilitate the move.
What Tasks Must a Consultant Help With?
As Kevin Modany notes, executive consultants are active participants in just about every phase of a business and its operations. Executive consultants with multifaceted skill sets, such as Kevin Modany, advise their executives on a variety of topics and functions, including:
- SWOT Analysis – Analyze a business for its strengths, weaknesses, and potential industry threats.
- Data Analysis – Operate data analysis to enable efficient enhancements to daily operations.
- Strategic Guidance – Consultants must focus on providing streamlined guidance on a number of topics while delivering it to members of the administration as well as the daily workers, too.
- Merger Preparation – In the event of a potential merger, consultants are integral to facilitating a proper deal.
Technical Skills of a Consultant
Outside of the soft skills that we outlined above, executive consultants are expected to be able to navigate an array of tasks with their ‘hard’ skills. Hard skills are utilized to advance complex problems that require multifactorial decision-making.
Some concepts that consultants will have to wrestle with include
- Analytics – Executive consultants must be able to analyze issues before devising targeted analytical solutions. During this entire process, consultants utilize diverse data to pinpoint trends and patterns.
- Financial Application – Analysis in the financial data sector is important, and Kevin Modany heavily emphasizes looking beyond the numbers. Modany utilizes his financial analysis skills from his time as a CPA to help his clients.
- Project Management – Finally, Kevin Modany heavily emphasizes the importance of learning how to wrangle and manage complex projects. Consultants must accomplish their tasks by targeted deadlines while remaining within their predetermined budget.
Leadership roles need executive consultants to thrive, and Kevin Modany hopes potential professionals utilize his suggestions to enhance their work.